Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Comfort dessert

Good ol' fashioned homemade chocolate pudding has got to be one of my favorite comfort desserts. Lately I've been craving it quite a bit. I try to switch it up and make vanilla pudding...but there truly is nothing better than a fresh batch of warm chocolate pudding. I use the recipe from the Joy of Cooking cookbook - which, by the way, is my favorite cookbook. Anything I make out of this book is absolutely delicious. One of the things I love about this book is that I can actually learn about the food I'm cooking as well as learn new cooking techniques. It's my cooking bible!

To make you drool just a little bit....


Funny thing, the recipe says it makes 4 servings, but it always turns out to be 3. I can't figure it out, except that maybe my servings are slightly larger. Honestly, who can have just a small bowl of this stuff. I could eat the whole pot easily!





No comments: