Monday, February 8, 2010

Friday ... I mean Monday Flowers

My once a week flower inspiration is a few days late. On Thursday I went to visit my family in Peterborough. It was a short visit, but a good and much needed one. My 5 year old niece, Sarah, painted a picture for me. It was so neat to here her explain her painting to me - the sun, the heart, the house, and the blue blue sky. So sweet. I've hung the painting in my studio. It's a very nice piece of inspiration and it makes me smile and think of my sweet Sarah.


The highlight of my visit was hugs from Mom! I love my Mom and the older I get, I appreciate her more and more. She took me to her personal trainer and we worked out together. Boy o' boy, she kicked my butt. She's 65 - I'm 36 - and she can lift more than me. Amazing! She is such an inspiration. I am very much looking forward to getting in the garden with her this spring. I love how she talks about the garden and the things she loves about certain plants. And I just love how she easily states the latin names for the plants. It just comes naturally to her. She inspires me. I love you Mom! You're the best!

Here is a beautiful tulip to brighten up your Monday! This is a Double Late Tulip, Tulipa 'Carnaval de Nice'. It's absolutely beautiful!


Have a great day!

1 comment:

Mel said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time with your mom...its great to have that special time with her!..and she is 65 years old she lifts more??..sounds like my mom and me too:D..aren't personal trainers the greatest and worse thing all in one package :D