Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring is in the Air

Today is the first day of spring. Mother nature is now unveiling her spring brilliance.

Even though it looks a little dirty and grey out there, beneath the soil and all around us, something magnificent is happening. Now we begin to see the renewal of life. Soon everything will be lush and flourishing. I checked the garden yesterday, and sure enough, the tulips are just breaking soil.

It is so inspiring to hear the birds in the morning. They have come back, although some have never left. Mr. and Mrs. Robin red breast are back and on the hunt for worms.

Forget about going for a brisk walk. You know the kind when you are on a mission to break a sweat. Nope...now I am slow...

I have to stop...listen...look...
...listen...look...look...look.

The air is filled with so many pretty little bird songs. For myself, this is an inspirational time of year and I intend to enjoy every little moment.

(Image is courtesy of myself and is taken at the Royal Botanical Gardens)

No comments: