Thursday, June 10, 2010

At last...the Peonies

Last...but surely not least...are the Peonies at the Laking Garden. I think I will just let the pictures speak for themselves.













My favorite. The blooms are so beautiful and delicate. The long floppy petals and the long yellow stamens gives this peony such a wonderful whimsical personality. I just love it's whimsical beauty. I believe this Peony is called "Seashell"...but I could be mistaken. Seashell or not...it's still very beautiful.

The bud of a Peony is so remarkable. All those petals are all tightly nestled in a perfect little bud, ready to blossom into the most perfection that man could never re-create. This is the beautiful hand of Mother Nature.

Yes, and some of those neat little balls of petals can turn into the largest flower. This one was literally the size of my face.

I hope you enjoyed the flowers! Remember to take time out of your day to connect with a piece of Mother Nature. Stop and smell a flower today, or give a nod of hello to a tree. They will smile right back at you.

Have a great day!





No comments: