Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Wish List

There are a few plants that I fell in love with at the RBG...well, more than a few. Here is my wish list:

1. Prairie Smoke, Geum Triflorum, Family: Rosaceae

This is one of the most interesting plants I have ever seen and it sure does make me smile. Praire Smoke is a perennial wildflower that is native to the North American woodland and prairie environments. It likes full sun, and is drought tolerant.




2. Foxglove Beard-Tongue, Penstemon digitalis, 'Husker Red', Family: Scrophulariaceae




3. Little Blue-Eyed Grass, Sisyrinchium montanum, Family: Iridaceae

I love the little blue flowers that stand atop the grass. This grass is native to Ontario and the flower is a very important nectar source for pollinators.



4. Wood Sage, Salvia nemorosa, 'Caradonna', Family: Lamiaceae

Nice vibrant colours from blue, purple to mauve.


5. Golden Japanese Forest Grass, Hakonechloa macra, 'Aureola'


6. Japanese Blood Grass, Imperata cylindrica, 'Red Baron'


7. Tulip Tree, Liriodendron tulipifera, Family: Magnoliaceae

I love this tree. I love the colour, shape and size of the leaves. The top of the leaf is a deeper green then the underside, which is more of a chartreuse green (my favorite green!).



Tomorrow I will take you through the Laking Garden at the RBG. This is where all the Irises and Peonies are in bloom. I have many more pictures to share with you. Have a great day!





No comments: