Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A little Inspiration on a Sleepy Rainy Day

Today I'm a little sleepy. Kind of dragging my behind a bit. I like to blame it on the rain and the chilly temperature. As much as I love aprons and sewing them, today I could easily trade it in for pyjamas, a hot cup of tea, my bed, and a good book.

Instead, I had to venture out into the weather for some much needed sewing machine needles. I was fresh out! And with 2 shows coming up (Ottawa Signatures Show and the Toronto One of a Kind Show), there is no time to be out of needles.

Brrr...it is so cold and rainy out there!

No worries, my day has turned around. I stumbled upon a little piece of inspiration, courtesy of Ludwig van Beethoven. It was in the form of one of his piano masterpieces, Piano Sonata No. 21, Allegro Con Brio. I heard it in the car ride back to the studio.

One of my favorite radio hosts, Tom Allen from Shift on CBC Radio 2, played this piece. Wow! Was I blown away. I've heard it before, but today it sounded different. I turned the volume right up. Oh yes indeed! This was the "pick me up" I needed. Forget about coffee, all I needed was a little Beethoven. This piece is so full of optimism and it simply uplifted my day.

Today I am grateful for Beethoven and Tom Allen on Shift. Thank You!

What's your favorite piece of music that gets you going when you're feeling a little tired and in slow motion? I would love to hear.

Back to sewing I go...

No comments: